Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Christmas In July, Lovely As A Tree

Well, I'm a week late getting my Christmas In July going, so I will continue you into August if I have too, lol!  This year I'm determine to get my Christmas cards done earlier than waiting until November to start them, now if I can just continue :).

The card I'm sharing today was one that was shared by Maureen on the demonstrators Facebook page last year.  While I didn't totally CASE her card, I did use it as a starting point.  Of course, I used one of my favorite sets, Lovely As A Tree!

I used the Layering Oval Framelits to cut out the oval from copy paper for my mask for sponging the background and also to stamp the two smaller trees.  Then I removed the mask and stamp a tree as a focal point.

For the sponging, I used Soft Sky, Marina Mist and Always Artichoke inks.  The addition of Always Artichoke was a total mistake, but once I sat back and looked at it, I really liked what it added to the background!  For the tree, I used Always Artichoke and my Soft Suede marker to fill in the trunk.  Sentiment is stamped in Memento Black ink.  For the snow I used my retired Two-way glue pen and then sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds, so pretty.


Now I need to get busy and make some more cards to share with you, until then, I hope you have a wonderful day.  Mary

No comments: