Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Lovely As A Tree

Well it will be a sad week-end at our house, my husband's uncle by marriage, passed away from the cancer he has been fighting.  He was a wonderful man and we will all miss him.

It seems that my go-to stamp set for men's sympathy cards is Lovely As A Tree.  This stamp set was first offered by Stampin' Up! back in 2001!  One year at Convention, Shelli made mention about this set and all the demonstrators where saying AWWW and she said, no no, we are not retiring it and we all clapped!  It truly is a very versatile stamp set.

I did make this card 5" x7", as I sent a laminated copy of the obituary to my husbands aunt.  I used the card base and envelopes that you can find at the big box store, M, for this card.


I made a frame to go around the stamped image and added color with my sponges.  Clean, simple and very mailable too, which I'm finding I like very much.

Stamp set: Lovely As A Tree and Flourishing Phrases
Card stock: Whisper White and Early Espresso
Inks: Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive
Dimensionals

Thank you for coming by and I appreciate you coming too!  Mary

No comments: