Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

You've Got This

I'm still teaching myself to use Stampin' Up! new Watercolor Pencils and I'm using both the Blender Pen and the Aqua Painter.  For this card I used the Aqua Painter and Staz-On black ink.  I did stamp the image on Watercolor paper, as I find I have more control with it.  I also find, for myself, that if I remove the brush part from the water barrel, I have more control over the amount of water too, which is just easier for me, as I can dip just the tip into some water, if I need more.

I needed a card to send to our vet, who is going through chemo right now and I decided to send her this card.


To achieve the water color look to the background, I used some watercolor paper, spritzed it with some water and then inked up the Watercolor Wash background stamp with Blushing Bride ink.  I set it off to the side to let it dry, I usually let it dry overnight.  For the flower I used the Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive pencils.  When I was happy with my flower, I used a Dave's Die to cut it out with.  I popped it up on dimensional and I use some Basic Pearls to add to the background.  The sentiment is also from this stamp set and I use Early Espresso ink as well as card stock, which I mounted on Blushing Bride card stock for the base.

I really like how the Watercolor Wash stamp came out and will be using it more often now!

 Mary

No comments: