Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Merry Medley

Today I want to share with you some Christmas cards that I've been working on for the last week, using the same stamp set but trying to come up with some different ways to make them.

I choose the Merry Medley background stamp set this time.  After seeing one that Frances Martin made, I wanted to try my ideas out.  Frances did use the Background stamp with her's but I decided to try my cards without, but you could easily use it too with this set!

For the first one I did this:


I wanted to make it look like a present with the 3/8" Silky Taffeta ribbon tied off on the side.  I also added some holly and berries from the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set and used the coordinating punch to punch them out with.

For the next one I did this:


For this one I used the Pretty Pines Thinlits to add some greenery to the front along with with Linen Thread.

For the last one, this is what I did:


For this one I wanted to highlight one of the greetings on the background.  It is hard to see, but I did use some of the Real Red Metallic Thread behind the little panel.  Once again I use the Holly Berry Happiness set and punch.  Oh, on this one I used White Embossing to make the lettering stand out more too.

Card stock I used was Thick Whisper White for the card base, then Cherry Cobbler and then Basic Black.  Ink was Craft Whisper White.

I hope you enjoyed the different versions that I made to share with you!  Mary

No comments: