Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

Picture Perfect

I've been seeing a lot of cards being made using a watercolor technique where you make a small water puddle area on your card front and then add some ink, swirl the ink around, then letting it dry.  I tried two different ways to finish off the card front.  Here they are.


The one above I used a small mat around the watercolor piece.  I think this really helps it to stand out.


On this one, I didn't mat the watercolor piece.  Seeing them together, I really like the one with the mat, and wished I had used dimensional too.  I used one of the embossing folders from the Floral Affection group to add interest to the bottom of the card front.  I used two of the new In Colors, Flirty Flamingo and Dapper Denim.  The sentiment is from Picture Perfect.  The small image on the watercolor piece is from the March Paper Pumpkin 2016.  Then I added some Basic Rhinestones.

For under the watercolor piece I made some banner and cut a small Metallic Foil Doilies and some Metallic Silver Thread,

I used Whisper White card stock and Shimmery White card stock.

Thank you for stopping.  Mary

No comments: