Pages

Friday, June 10, 2016

Moon Lake

Well with Father's Day fast approaching, I needed to get my card made to give to my dad.  I already have his birthday card made.   This year Father's day and his birthday are six days apart.

My dad use to like to fish, so I wanted to make a card that he would possibly like.  I don't know if I've mention it but my dad has Alzheimer's.  He doesn't remember my name but his face sure lights up when I go visit him, so I know he still remembers me!


This is really a very simple card to make.  I used Black Stazon so that I could watercolor the water and yellow part of the card, I probably should have used green instead of yellow but that is for next time.  Thank you Chris Parker-Barnes for sharing your card.

I used Lost Lagoon for the card base, then Early Espresso for under the watercolor paper.  I used my Stampin' Up! markers to color in the images, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Always Artichoke.  For the water I used Soft Sky and Marina Mist and then So Saffron.  The sentiment is from Crazy About You.

Do you see the Linen Thread?  Somehow my ink pad lid got set down on my watercolor paper, of course, after I had already stamped the image.  So I used the Linen Thread to "hide" my boo-boo.  Remember there are no mistakes in stamping, only a chance to embellish!!

Have a wonderful week-end.  Mary

No comments: