Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Best Thoughts

Good day to all of you, I'm so glad you decided to stop in to see me today!

The stamp set I'm using today is a retiring Hostess set called Best Thoughts.  The last couple days I've seen several people using this set to water color with, so I wanted to try my hand at it too.  This one was inspired by Melissa Davies HERE.


I did my card just a bit different than her.  I used the new In Color 2016-2018 called Sweet Sugarplum!  I used Black Stazon ink for the main image on Whisper White card stock and then pooled some ink in the pad lid and used my Aqua Painter to paint the image in with my color.  The leaves and stem, I used Old Olive.  I used Gorgeous Grunge and stamped the splatter image with Daffodil Delight and then some Soft Sky to outline the whole image with.  

I wrapped retiring Whisper White 5/8" satin ribbon on the bottom and use scraps of card stock to make my banners with.  Then I added a few Basic Pearls and called it good.

I'm sending this card to Shannon West at Stamping' Up!, she recently started a campaign called, #imbringingbirthdaysback, so some of us thought we would send her some cards for her birthday too!


No comments: