Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Butterfly Basics

Wow, have you all gotten the Powerball fever?  I hope whoever wins it will put all that money to really good use too.

I'm still making purple cards and promise I have only one more to share on Wednesday, then onto Valentine's Day cards.



For this card I used the Butterfly Thinlit for the focal point.  The card base is made using the Thick Whisper White card stock, very sturdy and nice.  I used Perfect Plum for the sponging and stamping the fern image from Butterfly Basics.  I stamped the image on the Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series paper from 2015 Sale-A-Bration.  You stamp or sponge color on the paper and than take a paper towel and gentle wipe over the image to remove the ink from the resist areas and get the look above.  Pretty neat and a easy way to add interest to your cards.  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  A layer of Perfect Plum card stock was used behind the stamped areas.  The only embellishment I use was the white ribbon (non-SU), so that there would be no need of extra postage to mail.

Thank you for coming by to see me, I appreciate it so very much and if you like, please leave me a comment too!  Mary


No comments: