Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Hearth and Home with Festive Fireplace

Happy Labor Day!  Today is what I guess you would call the last day of summer for the kids.  Last long week-end for awhile too.  Soon crisp, cool days and evenings will be here.

The card I want to share today is one that came into my e-mail inbox from Frances Martin, aka Frenchie.  She is so talented and shares so many great stamping ideas and projects.  When I saw her card I had to CASE it and give it a try.  I think it came out so cute too!  This one I will be sending to a customer who recently placed a online order with me.

I used the Hearth & Home Thinlit Die set, using both pieces for this scene.  Oh, did you know that if you cut the window pane pieces off the window you can use it as a fireplace?  I'm going to have to give that a try soon.


I got the images that are in the window from the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper.  Yes, you will have to fussy cut it out, but really it doesn't take that long to do.  I did add some Dazzling Diamonds to the star and the candles on the tree for some sparkle.  For the bough swag I used the image from Festive Fireplace and added a few Red Glimmer berries using a hand-held punch, I think 1/8".  The sentiment comes from White Christmas which is in the annual catalog.  The background is stamped with Hardwood.  To see a larger image, just click on the picture!

Stamp sets: Festive Fireplace, White Christmas and Hardwood
Ink: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
Designer Series Paper: Home for Christmas
Marker: Early Espresso (color in the pinecones)
Card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke and Whisper White
Punch: Banner
Two-Way Glue Pen
Dazzling Diamonds

No comments: