Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

Brushstrokes Flag

Well I finally am back to my blog!  I've been busy make items for the baby's room.  I made a simple window topper with Yellow and White Chevron pattern material and since I bought enough to sink a battleship, I made two throw pillows for the room too!  Now all I have to do is make a crib skirt and I'm pretty much done, unless I can think of some more projects to make with the material.

I finally place a order for some new Stampin' Up! toys and I really need to start thinning out my stash of older stamps.  Oh where to sell them though.

This stamp was on my list and then I took it off and every time I do that I always wish I had left it on.  So this time I went ahead and got it first thing.  The inspiration for this card just popped into my head when I was outside with the dogs and I hustle them back in and went right into the craft room to create this!  I'm glad it turned out the way I envisioned it.

I think this is the perfect card for the Fourth of July, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day or if you have some one in a patriotic play, this would be a nice card to give too!  Now, I always seem to have trouble with Real Red ink, no matter how long I let it dry, it seems to get everywhere, grr.  To make the "blue field" on the flag, I used a Ink Spot from one of my past Paper Pumpkin sets, I just dragged it across the areas that I had masked off!  You could easily use a full size ink pad for this too, but I don't have one, yet!  It gives it a nice rustic look.

Stamps used: Pictogram Punches and Brushstrokes
Card stock: Whisper White and Real Red
Ink: Night of Navy and Real Red
Gold Glimmer Paper
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack-star
Triple Banner punch
Gold Baker's Twine

I hope your summer is off to a GREAT start too!  Mary

No comments: