Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Elephant Wall Hanging

Ok, as promised, I'm going to share with you the cute wall hanging I made for the baby's room.  Since we don't know the sex of the "peanut", my daughter decided to paint the walls a medium gray and have accents of fabric in the yellow chevron pattern.  She register with a well-known baby company and one of the room ensembles was gray with the yellow chevron pattern material.  They showed a cute square canvas with the yellow chevron background and a cute elephant on the front.  Well the hanging was priced at $59.99!  Her sister told her NOT to put that on her list as "Mom can make that for you".  So good ole Mom set out on the hunt for a clip art elephant.  Image my excitement when I came across the same looking elephant!!  Can you say "happy dance"!!

Isn't it adorable?!  I got the canvas on sale for $3.62 at Michael's, they had them on sale last week three for the price of one, the background paper was .14 cents, the gray paper was .14 cents too!  I used some of my Tombow glue to glue down the background and the elephant with, so easy!  Since everything was on sale, my project, rounded-up, cost me $4.00 to make!!

So you see my friends, all of your crafting knowledge can save you big money!!

I hope you have a great day to……Mary

1 comment:

Bugga in OK said...

Hey Mary, that elephant is just the cutest thing ever! You did a great job and aren't you so proud to save all that money? I didn't know you are going to have a grandchild. Congratulations to you and the family! Annette