Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Baby Banner

Good Monday morning, I hope you are enjoying your holiday today.  I will be doing work outside, if there is no rain, that is.

I wanted to share with you the banner I made for my daughter's baby shower coming up in late June.  My other daughter sent me a link to a couple of banners she liked, so when she was here a couple week-ends ago, I had her choose the paper she wanted me to use.  I used the banner blank that I have from the banner kit Stampin' Up! offered a couple Holiday catalogs ago.  I just traced the shape onto the back side of my paper and used my paper cutter to cut out the long sides of the banner, I wanted them to be straight.  We then string them onto the jute (found a kit with the jute and clothes pin in at Michael's) and pinned them as evenly as I could.  I then used the stencils from the banner kit to spell out BABY and used my circle framelits to cut them out with.  I used my Silhouette to size my elephant down to what would fit on the banner.

I love how it turned out, what do you think?




I used Whisper White card stock and the Designer Series Paper is from Michael's and Jo-Ann's.

I think I have all the shower items made, for now.  Now I want to make a curtain topper, pillows and crib skirt for the baby's room!  I better shake a leg, August will be here sooner than later!

Mary

No comments: