Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Hamburger Box

Well hello to all of you.  No stamping today, been busy painting a bedroom, yup that means the ceiling, baseboards and the walls!  Busy, busy for me.

I wanted to try making a hamburger box with the new die that Stampin' Up! is selling in the new catalog.  I didn't want to waste my good window sheets on a trial one, so I used some thinner, cheaper stuff that I have in the craft closet.

It did turn out fine, but definitely use some heavier stuff if you try it.

 As this was a trial one, I just threw in a ink spot and some filler and tied it shut with the thicker baker's twine (something new in the upcoming catalog).  Of course you could make it pretty as you would like.
 I used glue dots to shape the box with.  I don't know maybe sticky strip would not show?
 I didn't have any filler, so I used the tissue paper that comes each month in the Paper Pumpkin package!  I folded it over several times and cut it with my fringe scissors!
 Here it is cut before fluffing….
 Here it is after fluffing!  Now I can hoard save all of the blue tissue paper that comes each month in my Paper Pumpkin!!

I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing week-end.  Our's going to be a very quite one and I hope I get to play in the craft room too!   Mary

No comments: