Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bloom with Hope

Well today I'm going to share two cards with you that I made with the new Hostess set called, Bloom with Hope.  I like it because you can color the flowers in with either markers or Blendabilities.  You could even ink up the images with ink and stamp on Whisper White that way too.  I'll have to give that a try and maybe on Friday I can show you a card made that way!

 This card was made with Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate and Whisper White card stock, DSP is the Watercolor Wonder.  I used the Banner Framelits for my banners.  I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set for the splatter background, along with some Basic Pearls and Rhinestones.  I choose to make both cards sympathy as I didn't have any pre-made.  Oh that is Linen Thread wrapped around the base of the flowers.  I used Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blendabilities to color the image with.
The second card I used my Color Coach to pick colors that would go with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilites.  I was quite surprised that they suggested Calypso Coral!  So I pulled some out and went with it, I think it looks really well with the color image.  I used a strip/scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock that I ran thru the Decorative Dots embossing folder, wrapped some new thick Baker's Twine around (ops, I thought it was Calypso Coral but it is Crisp Cantaloupe), along with some Basic Rhinestones and Pearls.  The splatter is again added using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  The banner was cut out with the Banner Framelits.  Black Memento ink was used to stamp the images with.

It was a great day because I got to create and have fun with my ink and stamps, I hope you have a great one too!  Mary

No comments: