Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Life in the Forest

Hi everyone, it's nice to be back again, got so busy last week forgot to set up my blog posts.

Today I'm going to share the birthday card that I made for my daughter, Denise.  Her birthday is tomorrow, but I know she has already received her card, so I can go ahead and post it.

When the new Occasion Catalog came out, this cute stamp set, Life in the Forest was in it.  Well I didn't think I would need it but then thought it would make some cute cards for kids, so I got it.  Well, it wasn't long after that the song came out, "What Does the Fox say" and cards using this set popped up all over the internet.  Yep, I'm late to the party with this one, but I knew I wanted to make this card for my daughter's birthday because of some Facebook comments she had made sending links to her roommate.  So this is the card that I made,

For the title, I printed it off on my computer.  I used Pear Pizzazz for the grass, Soft Sky for the sky, Watercolor DSP for the trees, and my fringe scissors to make the grass.  I stamps all of the images with Black StazOn, colored them in with markers and hand cut them out.  Here is a picture of the inside of the card,

The birthday sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday, and I used the Word Bubble Framelits to cut it out with.  When I was finished, I was very happy with how it turned out!  My daughter told me really like it too!

I hope you all have a great day,  Mary.

No comments: