Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hello Doily

Today's card was made with a left-over card front.  I've had this laying by my card stock for TOO long and decided to finally use it.  I still have about three more to use, so you may see more cards made with this stamp set in the coming weeks.

When I made these card fronts, Pretty In Pink was still a current color.  Now it is retired but I hate to throw away good card stock, that's the thrifty in me coming out.  I did use a new punch and stamp set called Petite Petals.  I also use the background stamp, En Francais, with Pretty In Pink ink.  The doily image was stamped with VersaMark ink, sprinkled with white embossing powder and heat set to bring out the doily image.  I lightly sponged the embossed image with Pretty In Pink to add depth.  The sentiment is from Wetlands stamped onto a flag.  Pearls were added to the flower centers.

This card came together quickly because the majority of it was already done for me.  I really like this Doily stamp, every time I see it, it reminds me of my Grandmother, who loved to crochet and had many, many doilies on her furniture, yes, even the couch arms!

I hope you are having a wonderful day and will see you soon!  Mary


1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

Hey There! Your doily card is beautiful. Looks great with that pink. I've spent some time scrolling through some of your most recent posts. LOVED that "By the Tide" card. That was stunning. Thank you for your support while I was away. . .I so appreciated your comments regarding Shotsy. Hope you and all are well. Hugs, Curt