Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Wetlands

Happy TGIF, I hope your week went well for all of you.

Well, as you can see I'm still using the stamp set Wetlands.  This time for the background I used a technique called "Direct to Paper".  What this means is that you take your ink pad and apply it directly to your card stock, in a drag and pull motion across the card stock.  I used a lighter touch and this is what I came up with.  Now every background that you use this technique for will be different, no two will be alike.  Don't judge your background until you have stamped your image on it, putting the image on it makes all the difference in how it looks.  I found a card just like this done by Helen Read who is located in the UK.  Since I've not ever done this, I wanted to give it a try.  I used Soft Sky, Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake.  Card stock used is Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Midnight Muse.  Some Linen Thread was wrapped around the card front, I think, making it a great card for a man.

I hope you will try this technique out sometime, it does make a very quick card!  Thanks for stopping to look, I appreciate it!  Mary

1 comment:

Helen said...

A friend tipped me off about the mention - thanks! It's a great technique but I can't claim the idea, I'm pretty sure I got it from Pinterest! Love your card!