Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Joyful Christmas

Wow, here it is December already!! Where has the year gone?  It's just flown by.

Today I want to share you a Christmas card that I've seen many and many on the internet and Pinterest.  It is so pretty in person too.  Now this is my first try at this technique and there is a lot that you need to know before you do this.  First is, after you have your color/ink sponged on the back, you need to get your heat gun out and dry it, otherwise you will have ink on places you don't want it.  Next is, if you use the silver Encore ink, or gold too, you again need to dry it with your heat gun or it will smear.  You apply the ink to the back side of your stamped image, sponge then cut it out, much easier that way.  My attempt at shading needs some work.

I used some old silver embossing powder that I've had for years.  When I use this again, I will be more careful with my leaves, maybe cut them so you can't see them under the flower petals.  I colored some rhinestones with a yellow BIC-MARK-IT for the center of the flower.  I use the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and then adhered some of the Silver 1/8" ribbon.  Sentiment is from the retired More Merry Wishes stamp set.

Overall, this is a beautiful card in person and I'm going to try one in pink, purple and white, so be on the look-out for those.

Thanks for dropping in!  Mary

Online Pampered Chef Party

1 comment:

Helen said...

It is gorgeous, Mary.