Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wicked Cool

Hi everyone!  I bet you thought I forgot all about Halloween this year didn't you.  Nope, I didn't forget. I just don't have the need for a lot of Halloween cards, but I do enjoy the holiday.  I miss the girls being little, it was more fun for me then.  Hubby and I surprised all the little goblins that came to our house last year.  Hubby said that just one time he wanted to hand out full size candy bars, so we did.  It was fun to see and hear the kids after they received their treat too!  We found pre-packaged full size candy bars at Wal-Mart, 18 in a box for $10.87, which we thought was a good deal and we only have about thirty trick-or-treaters come around.  So when the candy runs out, the lights go off.

Ok, now onto the card…

I decided to use this retired stamp set, Wicked Cool.  I've seen so many neat cards with it, so I decided to try my hand at making one too.  Since I don't have any Halloween Designer Series Paper, I went with the Spider Web embossing folder (retired) onto a piece of Perfect Plum card stock, then I sponged on some Basic Black ink to bring out the web some.  I stamped the images with Black Stazon ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched those out with 1-3/8" square punch.  Mounted those on some Basic Black card stock.  Stamped the sentiment on a piece of Old Olive card stock and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch and sponged the edges.  I also used Old Olive Scallop Dots ribbon (retired) along the bottom.  Added a few colored Basic Rhinestones on each side of the sentiment.  I used a blender pen to add color to the hat band and the witches stockings.

Well I hope you are having a good week, it's raining here, which we need, but it is cold too, good day for soup!   Mary

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Great card. Wicked Cool is my favorite Halloween set and purple is my favorite color.