Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Spooky Banners


Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well!  We are all doing better now that hubby is home and on the road to recovery, it will just take time and alot of patience on his part.  He wants to go back to his part-time job next month but I told him "I don't think so".  He was one lucky guy last week and I thank the Good Lord for that too!

On Saturday, my one daughter came into to town to walk with her sister in a fund raiser for one of the local animal shelters and also for her 10 year class reunion!  Is that possible that she has been out of high school for 10 years already?!  Anyway, they came by the house and I help them make these banners for Halloween.  I think they turned out so cute too!  I guess they did inherit a crafty gene from me.  I told them to make them however they wanted to and gave them the supplies to make them.  I think it took around two hours for them from start to finish.  We used sponge daubers to apply the ink to the banners, so if you try to make one of these, make sure you have extra sponge daubers on hand, because the daubers may fall apart from all of the rubbing.  If you would like to see the pictures larger, just click on them.

This is all for today, I hope your week is off to a wonderful start and thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes for hubby.      Mary


1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Mary, so glad to hear hubby is on the road to recovery. That was a close call for sure! These banners are so cute. I wish my kids weren't all grown up, so I could make these. But, they do grow up and they live in Chicago, and I'm in Arizona. Love your blog!