Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Love and Sympathy, Remake

Hi to all of you!  I hope you have been going around to all of the blogs who are participating in the LNS Treasure Hunt Fall 2013.  You know anyone can play and as more demonstrators sign on the prize will increase in size too!  You can see the list of blogs HERE.

Now onto my cards for today.  I did a card like this back in July of 2012, you can see it HERE.  I decided to update it with two of the new colors, Soft Sky and Blushing Bride.  My daughter called me on Friday and requested a sympathy card for herself, one of her friends lost her mother.  So I pulled out this stamp set because I like how simple it is and for its beautiful sentiment for the inside.

I used every stamp that is in this set for this card, it really is a good value and I like how the inks and card stocks all go together so well!  The Designer Series paper is from the new paper stacks that Stampin' Up! updated this year, love the patterns that are in each stack.  I used the Decorative Label and Dotted Scallop Ribbon punches.  Then I added a few pearls to dress it up some, I love how soft and pretty they turned out.

Wednesday I will share a man's sympathy card with you, my husband's former co-worker's wife passed away last week also, so he needs one.

Thanks for stopping in to see me, I appreciate it so much!  Mary

1 comment:

Donna said...

These are beautiful! This is my favorite sympathy set too because the whole set of stamps can be used for the perfect card.

I too love the new DSP stacks this year. All the pages are so usable!

Thank you for sharing these.