Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Simply Sketched

Hi everyone I hope you had a nice week-end and ready for the new week too!  I got to play in the craftroom on the fourth of July and made this card.  Oh I wish you could see this in person, it is so soft and pretty!  I do notice, though, that my sentiment is off just a tad, but that is what makes it homemade, right?!

I used the new hostess set in the catalog called Simply Sketched, the first time I saw a card made with this stamp, I knew I had to have it, it's really a nice set too!  I stamped the image with Black Stazon ink on Whisper White card stock and used my markers and blender pen to color the image in with.  The blue around the image was applied with my aqua painter and the new Soft Sky to help "ground" the image and to stand off the white background more.  Add a Doily cut in half behind, applied a few pearls and a rhinestone.  The purple flower is made with the new Simply Pressed Clay and forms, painted with Wisteria Wonder ink and the Aqua Painter.  Card stock is also Wisteria Wonder.  I embossed the background with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  The ribbon is brand new 3/4" Chevron Ribbon also in Wisteria Wonder.  Now I usually surf the net and find different demonstrators doing paper, ribbon, embellishment shares, that is how I purchase some of my stuff, I don't really use alot of these to justify buying a whole package of say Designer Series Paper, so I participate in these shares myself and that way I get to see and feel and use alot of the new things in the catalog, heck I still have paper from a paper share that was a couple years ago!  I like it but just don't use it a lot, but I'm trying too get it used up!

I was inspired by this card HERE.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the card I shared with you today and feel inspired to do some "coloring" and stamping too!   Mary

A card is just a hug with a fold in the middle.


1 comment:

Chanda said...

That is really pretty, Mary! Your coloring is really nice!