Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

On Your Birthday

 Hi everyone!  Well this week is almost over and hopefully we have all survived the recent fourth of July holiday.  I had a very quite one, well, as quite as it can be anyway on this noisy holiday!  The card above is a card that I recently from my friend, Anne Venci.  She is one of three demonstrators that I swap with each month and this card is one that she sent to me, I love it!  So I wanted to try my hand at using her card as a template for my card below.
I like how bright and cheery mine turned out.  I made mine into a birthday card and I used the Floral Fusion Sizzlits, held together with a 1/8" Mini Brad, instead of the Bitty Butterfly punch, Anne used a Large Pearl Basic Jewel for the center of her butterfly.  The Whisper White scalloped square is made using the 1 1/2" Scallop Square punch (retired) and the squares behind that are just cut at 1 1/2" x 1 1/2", very easy.  I measured down 3" and ran my Whisper White card stock thru the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.  Anne used Loving Thoughts for her sentiment.  Anne used Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and Old Olive, I used Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Daffodil Delight (I found this color combo from my Color Coach).

Well there you go, see how easy it is to use the same idea and layout and make two different cards, I hope you give it a try!  Mary

 A card is just a hug with a fold in the middle.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

They're both adorable!