Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Hearts A Flutter


.
Hello to all of you, I hope you had a great week-end.  Yesterday was my Dad's 86th birthday, and he is doing very well too!  Still mows the lawn and goes for a walk everyday.

Today I want to share two cards with you, one in Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party.  I saw these same cards, different colors and sentiment over on Pinterest.  HERE.  Now I didn't need any baby cards so I made mine into birthday cards.  I used the new Press Clay and the molds to make the button and flower on both cards, I let them dry overnight, then I colored them with my markers.  I also applied some Crystal Effects too see what they would look like with some shine to them and I think it makes them look like real buttons.  When the clay is dried, it is very pliable, so hopefully they will go though the mail just fine.  Now I don't have ribbon in the colors I used, so I took a 1/4" of card stock to cover my edges.  Works in a pinch, you could even stamp on the strip too.

Products used:

Stamp set: Itty Bitty Banner and Hearts A Flutter
Card stock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Crumb Cake
Embossing Folder: Perfect Polka Dots
Paper Doilies
Bitty Banners Framelits
Simply Pressed Clay
Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds
Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party Bakers Twine (both retired)
Glue Dots

Well, there you have it, I hope you enjoyed the cards that I shared with you today, have a great day!  Mary


2 comments:

Next door Stamper... said...

Cute card Mary! Love the design and those cute buttons!

Chanda said...

Awwww, I love those! That clay stuff is pretty cool! Nice cards! Happy Birthday to your daddy! How sweet!