Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Flip Flop Card

Happy Wednesday to all of you!  I hope your summer is off to a great start!

As promised, here is the flip flop card that I made.  I've been wanting for a couple of years to try my hand making one but could never find a pattern.  Well, today is your lucky day, I'm going to share the link where I found my pattern at!  HERE is the template, scroll down to post #8 and you will see a PDF attachment to that comment, click on it and print out the template.  Now on my template, first I cut it out then traced it onto some thin plastic to I would have a permanent template for future use.  I also moved the top hole (where your toes would go) a little bit further in, but you can adjust the holes however you would like.  When I was making mine, I had some of the 5/8" Flower Trim (retired) laying on my table so I thought would make it real girly by adding a flower to each!  I used the Polka Dot Parade designer series paper and the 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Rich Razzleberry (retired), but you could use any ribbon of your choice.  Card stock is Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White and Pink Pirouette.  Oh, I ran my card stock through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, I also used the new stamp set, Label Love, also the coordinates with Artisan Label punch.  Rich Razzleberry ink was used for the sentiment.

This is my share for today, hope you enjoyed it!  Mary

2 comments:

Bugga in OK said...

Hi Mary,

What a cute card, and thanks for sharing the template. I'm still reading your blog and love it. I haven't commented much because my internet explorer is messed up, and in order to comment I have to copy and paste your blog address into google chrome.

Hope all is going well with you.

Annette

Chanda said...

Mary, this is so adorable!!! What a cute idea, to use ribbon for the straps!