Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

By The Tide

Well, I hope everyone is fine today, I'm enjoying some down time this week and having fun playing in my craft room too!

This is a card that I found over on the Stampin' Up! demonstrators website, and just fell in love with it!  So I followed the trail to the fellow demonstrator website HERE.  The background (water part) is done doing a technique called Bouncing Brayer.  So off to YouTube to find a video or two to watch to see how it's done.  Now SU no longer sells their glossy paper and some demos have stated that the photo paper will not work, but I'm here to tell you that photo paper (the kind you use in your home printer to make photos with) will most certainly work or at least the Epson paper I have does!  Now in the card above I used Whisper White, which did work, but I decided to try the photo paper and actually like how the background looks more like water, just the right amount of shine to it.  This was my first attempt at doing the bouncing brayer and I liked it so much that I got out more photo paper and made three more backgrounds to make three more cards.  If you are like me, I have a ton of 4" x 6" photo paper collecting dust in the craft room and I'm so glad to find out that I can now use it for cards that call for glossy card stock!  On this card the sand is a piece of Crumb Cake, but on the other ones I made using Photo Paper, I brayer Crumb Cake directly onto the Photo Paper, I just used a mask to keep the ink where I wanted it.  I made this card for my Dad's birthday, that is one reason why I got this set, perfect for the men in my life that need nice looking cards too!

Products used:

Stamp set: By The Tide
Ink: Pool Party, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Black Stazon
Markers: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette
Card stock: Whisper White, Pool Party
Word Window Punch
Pearls
Stampin Dimensional
Brayer
Sponge Daubers
Blender pen

Well there you have it, once you get the hang of how to bounce your brayer, it's fun and easy to do!  Bye for now,    Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Wow, that does look really nice! It's like sun coming down through the lake/ocean! Pretty!

Next door Stamper... said...

Wow! That bouncing brayer technique is quite impressive! I have never tried it..but it is the perfect background for this card! love it!