Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vintage Verses SAB Stamp Set

Good day to all!  I thought today I would show you a card that I made using some of the new Spring Catalog items and a freebie from the SAB leaflet too.  I made this to send to my friend who suffered a bad stroke, she is on the mend, and I want her to know how much she means to so many.  I just have to figure out how to mail it so the flowers don't get all mashed during mailing.

I made those small little flowers with the new 7/8" punch, the Creped filter paper, ink pad, sponge dauber and a mini brad.  I held together the filter paper and a piece of copy paper, to give it a little bit of body, then put it into my punch and punched out six scallops.  Then I laid the punched pieces on my ink pad and sponged some ink onto both sides, set it aside for a couple of minutes to dry and then stacked the six pieces together and used my paper piercing tool to punch a hole in the center and insert the brad into the middle.  Open the feet of the brad and CAREFULLY scrunch up each layer, then fluff it out some, be gentle, the creped paper will tear easy.  Now to be honest, I probably will not make these flowers again, because when you mail them they will not arrive looking very pretty, perfect for hand delivery though, but I had this idea in my mind and I had to at least give it a try.

Products used:

Stamp set: Vintage Verses (free with SAB)
Card stock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Basic Gray
Creped Filter paper
Paper Doilies
Mini Silver Brad
Ink: Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink and Pool Party
Ribbon: 1/8" Taffeta in Pretty In Pink
Pearls
Dimensionals
Apothecary Accents Framelits

Well, that is my share for now, hope to have something new on Friday to share, Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Cute! I'm sure she'll appreciate it either way. I hope she recovers soon.