Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lovely as a Tree Sympathy Card

Good Monday morning to all of you!  I hope that you are all off to the start of a great week ahead too.

Well, once again, I needed a sympathy card.  I know, when is it going to end, huh.  My friend, Linda, just recently loss her father, while we are sadden by his passing, he had a good long life and was one month shy of 91 years old.  Now I saw a card similar to this one HERE.  I did change it just a bit from the original.  I didn't have any Cajun Craze card stock, so I made my own.  How you wonder?  Well, I started with Pumpkin Pie and then sponge on some Real Red ink with some Early Espresso sponge on too. Now it may not be an perfect match, but in a pinch, it comes pretty darn close.  To make my mini brads black, I colored them with a black Sharpie.

Here is a list of the rest of the supplies I used, all Stampin' Up!

Card stock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Soft Suede and Early Espresso
Stamp set: Lovely as a Tree and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Woodgrain embossing folder
scrap piece of First Edition Designer Series paper
Oval and Scallop punches
mini brads
sponges
dimensionals
blender pen

Well this is all for today, hope you have a wonderful day too!               Mary

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

I love this Mary. This is a perfect sympathy card. Love the embossed background. . .so perfect for the tree image. I wanted to thank you too for your lovely comment, it was so appreciated. Hope you are doing well. . .Best, Curt