Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Gently Falling French Foliage

Happy Fall to all!  I really like the cooler weather we have been having off and on here lately, makes me want to bake and cook, hubby will really like that, won't he!

Here is another card that I made when my cousin's was here last month visiting.  I like fall so I decided to pull these two stamp sets out and try to make something nice with them.  Now I should have started with Very Vanilla but grabbed some Whisper White, but it still worked out just fine.  I used my Diagonal plate for my Simple Scored tool and made lines every inch and then did it again so the I got a criss-cross effect.  Did some sponging with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink.  Stamped my two bigger leaves with Soft Suede and than used my sponge daubers to apply Pool Party, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie to them and then fussy cut them out.  For the smaller leaf, I applied the same colors directly to the stamp, huffed and stamp it and cut it out.  The sentiment was stamped with a retired set called Hand-Penned Holidays.  I made a bow with the Linen thread and used a glue dot to attach it to the cut out leaves.  I also used dimensionals on the leaves to make them pop off the card more.  The upper right hand corner I used the splatter and French writing that is in the French Foliage set.

Well that is all for this card and my time to stamp with my cousins only allowed me time to make two cards, sad.  Would've liked for them to stay awhile longer but they had other people to visit with, so I had to be nice and share.

Hope to so you here again soon!                      Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

This is so pretty! I love how the leaves are multi-colored!