Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sympathy Card

Well tomorrow is the 4th of July, do you all have plans made for this day of celebration?  We will be spending it at home, with the dogs, and have a quite day.  I will probably be in the craft room creating if I can!

One of my husband's former co-workers recently passed away and I made this card to send to her husband.  She was in her early 40's, way to young to pass, but she had been battling cancer.  I sure wish they could find a cure for all cancers.

Oh how I wish I had taken a better picture of this.  I found this card on someone's blog, if I find out who I will come back and put in the information to get credit  and a link to the orginial creator of it.  All you do is emboss the front of your card base with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, then ink up a sponge dabuber with some ink, ink the raised areas, stamp your sentiment and your done.  I did add a few pearls and some Shimmer paint to add some extra interest to it.  I also spritzed it with some homemade glimmer mist.  Click on the picture to get a closer view.  The sentiment is from a retired stamp set, which I can't seem to remember right now, but you could use any sentiment you wanted.

I hope you all have a safe holiday too,    Mary

3 comments:

Margaret said...

So sweet of you to think of her husband at a sad time as this. Your card is very pretty and I love the simplicity.

Beth Adams said...

Beautiful card Mary.

Chanda said...

This is a very pretty card, Mary. How sad...that is way too young to die. :( So nice of you to think of her husband.