Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sad News

Hi everyone, I hope your week is off to a great start!  I just got home yesterday after being in Salt Lake City for the Stampin' Up! convention.  Man was it alot of fun too and got tons of inspiration for cards and projects, will try and share some of those in the future.

My sad news is that my daughter and her fiance have postpone the wedding.  Things are a bit strained right now between the two of them.  While we really do like Justin, we know this is the right thing for them to do, but I doubt that they will be getting married at all.  While we are sad, we know that it is better for them to find this out before they get married rather then after and we wish Justin the best and have no hard feelings towards him at all.  So I have 96 wedding invitations, 96 response cards and 100 thank you cards sitting in my craft room, I know it is just paper and I'm not upset but does anyone have any ideas on how I can repurpose these items??  If you do, please leave me a comment, thanks!

Off to do more laundry, see you soon!

2 comments:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and her fiance. But you are right; it's better they find out now rather than later. As for re-purposing your cards, I have cut off card fronts at the fold line and glued them to a new card base and sent to friends. This is a great way to share the creativity of others without discarding the beauty of the card. Everyone loves them; or, you could take your thank you cards if they are not specific to your daughter's wedding, cut and re-glue to give to a hospice, hospital, etc.

Chanda said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear that. You are right though...better now than later. It's still devastating for her, I'm sure. Maybe you could sell the cards on eBay????