Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Faux Tile Techinque

Good day everyone, hope you are having a great one!

Today I would like to share my latest card that I made. My friend, Chanda, recently sent me some card kits to play with and this was one of the cards she sent. Well, not THIS one. She did hers in a different color, but I didn't have the same color of ink or card stock, so I used what I had on hand. You can see her beautiful card HERE Isn't it pretty?! I needed a thank you card so I pulled one of my retired set because I really like the way this sentiment looks, very elegant. The card stock and ink I used were, Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette along with some Whisper White. I used Pretty In Pink ribbon and added a pearl too. I punched out the sentiment with the wide oval punch and the scalloped oval punch, I like how those two punches work together so well. Oh the stamp set I used is called Element of Style.

To get the faux tile look, you take your card stock and score it at 1 inch intervals, turn and do the same going the other way. My white card stock measured 4" x 5".

Well thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon! Mary


1 comment:

Chanda said...

Very pretty! Uh, I didn't forget to finish the front piece and send you the cardstock and stuff, did I? If so, let me know asap and I'll send them to you with this month's stuff. Sorry about that! :)