Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Peace On Earth

Hi everyone! Hope you all survived all of the little goblins and ghouls that made the rounds on Monday. We ran out of goodies, so we had to shut off our front porch light!

It hit me the other day that Christmas is coming..SOON!! So I've been playing around with my Christmas stamps trying to design a card for the one's I will be mailing out this year. Yes, this card does look very familiar, doesn't it. That's because I made one very similar last year, but this time around I used a brayer and applied the ink to the embossing folder that I used instead of sponging the background. Applying the ink to the background makes this card very simple and FAST to make. I used some Bashful Blue ink for the background and Black for the sentiment. I also used the Northern Flurries embossing folder. I used some Heat and Stick powder, than added some Dazzling Diamonds to give the snowflakes for sparkle. Now I'm trying to decide what sentiment to stamp on the inside of the card. Any suggestions??

Well off to try another idea, maybe this will be my Christmas card this year, we shall see. Thanks for stopping by to see me! Mary

2 comments:

Wanda said...

What a pretty card. I LOVE the words on it, the font is SO elegant and beautiful!

Chanda said...

This does look familiar!!! So pretty! I love the inked edges! Never would have guessed you used the embossing folder for that! For the inside, do you have a generic Christmas stamp? LOL! God forbid we'd have to write too much! At least at my house anyway! My writing is atrocious!!! Have a happy night! Cold and snowy/slushy here! ~Chanda