Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

Good day to all of you! First I would like to take this time to say "Thank You" to all those who have served or still serving in the Armed Forces. Thank you for the many sacrifices that you have made to keep our country save and free for all of us to enjoy! I know many resturants will be offering free breakfast, lunch and dinners to all veterans on this day.

Here is a card that I will be mailing out once it gets closer to Thanksgiving to someone, I don't want to say who, as they read my blog from time to time. My friend Chanda, sent a card like this one to us when one of our relatives passed away last year. I really liked the layout so I kept the card. Yep, I get out the handmade cards that I receive and look at them from time to time! Chanda sent me the necessary pieces so that I could make this card for myself. She cut out pieces of thin cardboard to use as masks, than you take a piece of sponge and apply the colors of ink that you want for the background. It is a fairly simple thing to do, and I will be making some more of these again. I than used a marker, the fine line tip, and free-hand the line on the front. I used gold embossing powder on my leaves and a sponge dauber and sponged some ink on those. Sentiment inside reads, Happy Thanksgiving.

Card Recipe (all products are Stampin' Up!)

Card Stock; Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink; Old Olive, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Soft Suede and VersaMark
Stamp sets; French Foliage and Gently Falling

Thanks for stopping in to see my creations, I appreciate you!! Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Mary, that's really pretty! I love how those leaves look on there cut out! Very nice! :)

Curt in Indy said...

What a wonderfully peaceful and serene card you have created. I love the entire look of it Mary. Your leaves are beautifully done. What a lucky recipient of this card is! Best, Curt