Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Chanda!!

Hey everyone!! I have a birthday card I would like to share with you, it is for my special Internet friend, Chanda! Today is her birthday and I wanted to make a special card for her, well, because she is special! She has the GREATEST sense of humor, just love it!

Okay onto the card. First I started with a card base of Rich Razzleberry because when it is paired with Very Vanilla, looks elegant, to me anyway and this is a special card. Than I took a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and ran it through the small frame embossing folder, which I than cut out. Hmm....the frame needed something else, so I took my retired Sanded background stamp with some Crumb Cake ink and used that to add some character to it, perfect! Than I took one of the stamps from Just Believe and stamped out the image I wanted onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock, the sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set. I lightly sponged the edges of the "picture" inside the frame. I ran some Very Vanilla card stock through the Stripe and Dotted Swiss embossing folders, cut them to the size I wanted, than I added some 3/4" circle punches cut into half the the top part of the Stripe card stock piece (click on image to see better). I found some old crochet trim in my craft closet and added that too! I used my Bow marker and some Crumb Cake seam binding to make a bow that I attached with glue dots. It seem to be missing something, so I got out my tag punch and the Tag stamp set and a safety pin and added the "friends" to the trim below the bow. Whew...this card fought me tooth and nail to be made, nothing seem to go right when I was making this card, but I was determined to win the battle, LOL!!!

Inspiration for this card was found HERE

Well that is my post for the day, hope you all have a good one, especially, you Chanda!! Mary

5 comments:

Chanda said...

Mary, this card is just gorgeous! I love it! Thank you so much! I feel soooo special! You just made my day! I'm so happy you're my friend! BTW, I may have to case this!!! LOL! Have a great day yourself! Mine will be busy with a soccer game here in 15 minutes, a bday party after that, then a baby shower after that, LOL! Busy busy busy! Thanks for making me feel so special on my birthday! Your friend, Chanda :)

Helen said...

You sure win the card battle, Mary! It is gorgeous and I'm 100% sure your friend is going to love it!

kay said...

You card is lovely. I'm sure you friend would love it! She's lucky to have a friend who is so creative.

Curt in Indy said...

The fight was well worth it! This turned out beautifully. You made me laugh with your comment about the card fighting you tooth and nail. I've had cards like that, where I swear, I've broken out in a sweat by the time I'm done! No wonder I drank a bottle of wine that time! LOL Happy Fall! Best, Curt

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Mary what a beautiful card! Dang I will have to send Chanda a belated card I didn't know it was her birthday! Thanks for your comments on my blog and God bless! Hugs,Bev