Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Cards for my Daughters

Hi everyone, hope your day is going well! Well this time of year at my house means three birthdays in one month, my two daughter's and my husband. I'm the lone wolf in the family, mine is in December. This year I decided to get ahead of the game and make my cards earlier so I didn't have to "throw" something together at the last minute for the girls' birthday cards. I think these cards turned out so cute! Both of my girls own yellow labs, Lucy and Montgomery, so I wanted to make them a card that had a dog on it. Well one day I was over at Splitcoaststampers cruising the gallery and found this card HERE. I knew immediately that this was the card for their birthdays this year, I think that they will really be suprised when they open them! I found a video tutorial on Mary Fish's blog where she shows how to make the background for my birthday wish label, you can see it HERE, it is really very easy to do with the decorative label punch. All of the supplies are Stampin' Up except for the polka dot glitter paper, I got that a couple of years ago at Archiver's. Hope you like my birthday card and also hope you have a craft day too! Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Mary, these are so cute! They're gonna love them! Love that glittery paper!
Have a great day!

~Chanda

Curt in Indy said...

One word for these cards "Spectacular"! I love the dog with the balloons (surprise huh? LOL), the sparkly polka dot background paper, and the fun technique for the label you were kind enough to share. Your daughters are going to love these. I hope they have wonderful birthdays! Best, Curt