Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

RAK Cards

Hi everyone, hope you have a great start for the coming week!


I wanted to share with you today a card that I made that was inspired by a card kit that I received from my friend Chanda, you can see some other cards that she has made HERE
boy do I enjoy getting these little gifts from her, she does an outstanding job with her cards! Now her card is on the left and my card is on the right. As you can see, mine is just alittle bit different than hers because I didn't have all of the supplies that she used on hers. I used some retired designer paper that I was able to sponge my ink onto, I believe it is called "Bride and Groom" from Stampin' Up. I didn't have the crochet trim, so I used some seam binding that I received in the mail as a gift, I had to really be careful with it as I didn't have alot of it to work with, so I just attached it to the two sides (I didn't run it under the stamped image) and used sticky strip to hold it down with, also from Stampin' Up. I'm not going to list all of the things I did different, you can click on the picture to enlarge it and see what I did different. This color combo is way outside of what I usually use, it has a very rich feel to it and I will probably use it some more in the future! Thanks Chanda for the inspiration!

Supplies:
Stampin' Up: Bliss and Watercolor Trio; rich razzleberry ink and card stock, seam binding, oval and scalloped oval punch, Bride and Groom embossed paper
Hero Arts: gemstones
Tan card stock: Archiver's
sticky strip

2 comments:

Chanda said...

I think yours came out great, Mary! I'm glad you like your little care packages! It's kinda fun to see what you make with it! :)

Helen said...

Very pretty!