Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dog Sympathy Card

Hi everyone, hope your day is going well, the sun is out here, maybe spring is finally coming!

I received a phone call the other day from one of my ladies that I work for. She was calling to tell me that she had lost her other dog, Ellie Mae, to cancer. This poor lady, within a two week span, had to put both of her dogs down due to health issues. I feel so sorry for her, the dogs were only 9 years old, and she has always had dogs. Her family is encouraging her to get another one very soon and I'm encouraging her to go to a local shelter here in Kansas City to adopt a dog. When I go next week to work for her, I would not be surprise to see a new friend at her house.

Here is the card that I sent to her, the image and sentiment are from Clear Dollar Stamps. I used my Prisma color pencils and odorless mineral spirits to color the image in. Paper is Bazzil, ribbon from Michael's and the oval and scallop oval punches are Stampin' Up.

I hope my simple cards helps to ease her pain just a bit.

Thanks for stopping in to see me today.......Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Awwwww, poor lady. How sad. I'm sure you beautiful card will help her heart. You're always so thoughtful, Mary! She's lucky to have you. :) Your card is just adorable. Great coloring, too!

Meredith said...

She loved the card, Mary. Thank you! :)